Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July & a Garden Update


Hello everyone :) I just wanted to pop in to wish everyone a safe and happy 4th of July. Our family will be spending the day together at home and may go down to see the fireworks this evening. However I will be spending the bulk of my day fighting the great weed battle.

As you can see the weeds are doing great, my veggie plants - not so much ! My strawberry bed is doing o.k. , the plants are getting big but they are not putting out any strawberries - not sure what is up with that.

Weeding is a very slow process but I feel like I am making a bit of headway . I just wish my plants were doing 1/2 as well as the weeds seem to be doing.

I need to get out to Hartland to pick up a round bale of mulch hay - these little square bales are just not cutting it. I will be heading out there tomorrow if it does not rain.
My pea plants are growing so tall, but they are not putting out any flowers. I think my garden is going to be a failure this year. It did so good last year, not sure why it is so different this year??



No comments:

Post a Comment