Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blueberries :)


These are the blueberry plants that I put in this Spring. The chickens seem to love blueberry leaves and at one point had stripped all three bushes of all of their leaves.


I still have 2 more plants that need to be put into the ground. I picked them up the other day - they were on clearance at a nursery that I stopped in at in Skowhegan. I was able to pick up both of the new bushes for under 5.00 each!


I have a huge front lawn - about 1/4 of an acre, my goal is to fill it with blueberry bushes. I was surfing around on youtube this morning and saw a video that shows you how to propagate the blueberries by taking cuttings. I am going to give it a try at some point next week. If it works out it will save me a bundle of money. I figure that I can fit around 50 more blueberry bushes in this area and that sure would add up to a bunch of $$ if I end up having to buy them all.


I picked this aloe up on a yard sale this Spring. When I first got this aloe it was so tiny. It now needs to be repoted into a gallon pot and is growing a baby :)When I first got it I really doubted that it would even survive as it had been frost burned so badly.It did end up losing a few of the lower leaves but has done better than I ever thought it would!






No comments:

Post a Comment