Monday, July 23, 2012

Baby Pictures


We lost another kit of Cali's yesterday - now she is down to 5 babies. I am not sure why the kit passed away yesterday, I have a feeling that Cali may have crushed it somehow. I just rebred her to Sir Poops A Lot yesterday as I really love how the babies from this breeding turned out.


For example this little kit is a beautiful color. At first I thought it was going to be a regular agouti but it is much darker then its agouti sibling. I am interested in seeing if the coat changes as the kit grows. There were also 2 grey's in this litter that passed away - they reminded me of my chinchilla doe in color. I hope I get a few like them in the next litter.


This is the little broken agouti kit from Spotted Momma's litter. I am really liking this one, Baby Red does to - its always the first one she pulls out to hold. Baby Red really wants me to keep it but we are out of space at the moment. 


Here is the larger of the two broken black kits , also from Spotted Momma's litter. This one will be beautiful when full grown. I really like the markings on this baby.


Here is the only black kit from this litter. I really expected her to have more blacks as normally she has 3 or 4 blacks.


This is the runt of the litter that I did not expect to make it. This baby really surprised me and we have named it Miracle, it is still only 1/2 the size of it's siblings. It most likely will never reach the adult size that the others in this litter do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment