Fern's litter is doing great, they are now 8 days old. However we did lose 1 of the runts the other day, I am guessing to the nasty heat we have been having here.
Sadly we have also lost 2 of Cali's litter also to heat stress. I have been running 3 fans to try to keep everyone cool, next year I believe that I will take a break from breeding during the hottest part of the summer.
Work on the chicken pen is coming along at a snails pace, I really thought I would be finished with it by now.
Yesterday I finished attaching the chicken wire around the outside of the pen and started to frame in one of the doors. Today my goal is to finish one of the doors and to get the top onto the nest area.
I am finding that I am not very handy when it comes to electric tools lol :) I can't cut a straight line with the skill saw to save my life, but I will muddle through this project the best that I can.
I find however that my chickens seem to be liking the progress on the coop and they don't seem to mind if my cuts are far from perfect.As soon as I finish this side I will be putting my Marana's and turkey's in then starting on the second side :)